Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The only cleanser and gel that has worked for me!




**Unfortunately the products I am about to review are only available with a prescription, but I figured if you had the same problems as me you could maybe as your dermatologist about them**
I never really had a problem with acne until a few months ago. I am 19 now and guess the years of no acne are finally catching up to me. I have had a few really stubborn spots and pimples that would not budge! I tried so many drugstore cleansers, and scrubs and they were all a bust. I finally got to a dermatologist and he suggested that I get a Actavis Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser and use it in the morning and at night. He also gave me a prescription for Acanya. Acanya is a Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide gel. I apply this all over my face at night and wash it off in the morning.
When I first used the cleanser it made my face feel so fresh and clean. I have continued to use it while in the shower because it is the easiest way to use and since it contains peroxide it could possibly bleach your clothes! This has so far been my favorite cleanser. Without insurance this retails for around $30 but I feel like it is worth it. It just has a soapy kind of smell to it.

The acanya gel burned my face so bad the first night that I put it on. I knew I wouldn't be able to last the night with it on my face so I washed it off. Since this is extremely expensive without insurance [retails for around $240] I was determined to use it. After the second night it wasn't so bad and I was able to deal with it. Now, after about 5 weeks of using it, it barely bothers me at all! Every few mornings when I wake up I see an improvement in my skin and it is almost back to the way it used to be! It has a slightly weird smell that is hard to describe but you definitely can't smell it when it is on your face or after it is washed off. The only thing I don't like about the gel is that its in a jar. I don't like that I have to put my hands in it each time to get the product out and rub it on my face because I feel like thats just a way to create a germ factory haha

Thanks for reading and once again I would like to thank LanaIndiana for giving me the courage to create my own blog! Please feel free to leave a comment if you would like me to review anything else , have any questions about these products and what you would like to see on here!! Thanks so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment